CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 12, 2010

a series of unfortunate events


this past week has been one of the worst sicknesses I have yet to experience...
It started when I went to the oral surgeon to get my wisdom teeth out on friday the 2nd. everything was fine, i was feeling fine until sunday when I got sick and I thought it was because of the painkillers I had from my wisdom teeth. I stopped taking the meds and I was still sick on Monday. I wasn't sure what was causing me to get sick, but I did know that these are the last few weeks of classes before finals and I couldn't afford to be sick.
I called my teacher Monday because I had a test that night for BIO and explained that I must have had a 24 hour flu and I would need extra time.
I wake up Tuesday still not feeling well or able to eat but I thought I was getting better until that night..
I have never been more miserable then I was that Tuesday night, I was losing everything in my stomach when all it came down to was stomach acid (pretty huh?)
I called my mom every hour not sure what I should do. I went in as soon as urgent care opened on Wednesday and they immediately hooked me up to an IV and started my drip because I was completely dehydrated.I went through 2 and 1/2 liters on Wednesday and Dane was wonderful and came down to sit with me in the small room and take care of me. I was probably there for 4 hours or so. They left the needles in my arm and told me to come back in the morning. That night, I got sick again. I was so frustrated because I thought I was getting better and I was so thirsty and I couldn't keep anything down.Dane had to go back to school on Thursday so I went into the Urgent Care again and they started another IV but this time for calorie intake because I basically had nothing keeping me going to help me get better. This day was bad, I was stuck in this little room alone for almost 7 hours. I was going insane. All I wanted to do was feel better and be able to drink and eat without being scared.
I finally got to eat some things without feeling sick recently and they said my diet should be back within a week and hopefully get my energy back as well.
This week was awful but I am lucky to have Dane and his family up here to take care of me. They were a lot of help this week for me.
Now I am just stressing out because of Finals coming up, the classes I missed and the assignments I have to turn in late.(and I probably shouldnt be blogging with everything I have to do..whoops_)
Only a week left! I can do it.. I hope.

3 thoughts:

My Walkabout said...

and I thought i was the only one who took photos while they are sick!

I do hope you are feeling better though :)

Elise said...

oh no girl! so what was up with the acid??? you didn't explain. i hope you are feeling better, or atleast starting to. let me know if you need ANYTHING!

love ya! reply back on my married blog so i know what was up with you.

Chris and Abby said...

Chelsea!!! I'm so sorry to hear that you have been sick. Hope you are feeling better and back to yourself again. Glad you have sweet Dane to take care of you. :) You deserve it!! Good LUCK with finals. You'll do great!