CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, March 19, 2010

new SLC apartment

I went and signed for a lease on an apartment today
and it is officially ours. yay!
I have been so anxious this week that it wouldn't work out.
It does need a lot of work, but it is in the perfect location right next to the University of Utah
Here is a little tour, suggestions please about what to do...
This is the house, its a tri-plex and we have the whole upstairs section


this is the entry way and stairs you walk up to our place

you walk up the stairs and to your left is the bath room.





to the right when you come up the stairs is the bedroom
(the colors in the house are hideous)
(bedroom entrance)

This is the bedroom with a green green wall.. yikes.
its a cozy size, and in the back is the walk in closet that dane and i will love.



this is the living room. I love how much light gets in this apartment during the day. It is so bright and i absolutely love that.

this is the view from the windows and you can see the book case to the left and the interesting bright pink paint on the walls in the hall. That same color is in the dining room too.

you can see the entrance to the dining room on the right and the kitchen...

this is the view of the dining room
again, interesting color on one wall..

the kitchen is pretty nice except for the missing cabinet on the left..

this is the hall way with extra storage that will be really nice to have

and finally the view leaving our apartment out our door down the stairs.

I really would love to paint the apartment. I just don't know what colors to do.
If I can only paint one room it would be the bedroom. That green will make me go crazy. I couldn't do it. I was thinking about a lighter slate blue in that bedroom. In the living room I might try a pale butter yellow color and the dining room I am just not sure. I don't even know if those colors will work. I need help!
PS when you first walk in, there is the strangest smell but it leaves when you travel up the stairs. Other than that I am so excited about this place. There is so much character in here than you can get in any normal apartment. We had the best feeling being in there and we are very excited we could get it all finalized. Plus it is right across from the pie. cheese pull aparts anyone?

5 thoughts:

Anonymous said...

I don't see anything the matter with the colors. Just spend some time south of the border, they have fun with colors. How about white to make things bright. I guess a strong air freshener in your entry will do.

Have fun.

Ghandi

P.S. Be careful with that Pie, sounds like a lot of pounds, but most of us are so poor when we are married we have to get the generic mac and cheese, can't afford the spiderman mac and cheese.

Noelle said...

Love it! Such character! We will be semi-neighbors because we live by the U too. Don't know if I could handle the temptation of the Pie every single day though...

Dori Jennings said...

I love it! It does have SO much character - I love the built ins :) I am so excited for you!!! Did you transfer to U? I love the colors you said for sure; slate blue in the bedroom is my favorite!

Congrats girlie :)

O'Loughlins said...

Love it!! My hubby just got into the U for a masters, so we've been looking for apartments as well. i hateee looking. Do you mind me asking how much you're renting for?

Morgan said...

Call Janessa. She is so amazing with this stuff it's ridiculous. I'm so excited for you! Home sweet home!